Sunday 25 August 2013

Only God Forgives

When I originally saw the trailer for Only God Forgives I was instantly excited, this is exactly my type of film. With a very strange storyline (see Wiki for an overview of the plot) I can completely understand why this film has mixed reviews. To some it could be seen to have no storyline or plot at all, with meaningless characters and little dialogue. However others may see it as a cinematic masterpiece, that will make you think outside the box and question the way we think about things.
Personally I loved the film and it has become one of my favourites, Nicolas Winding Refn has been on my 'to watch' list since Drive and Bronson, and I can't wait to see what comes next.
I would suggest going to see Only God Forgives just for the experience, like marmite you'll love it or you'll hate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment